Cremation has become the “disposition of choice” in the Metro Vancouver area, and indeed in many other locations. There are many reasons for this:
- Because of cultural or religious requirements,
- It can be a simpler option over burial,
- It can be a less expensive option,
- There is more flexibility for families whose roots are elsewhere when determining the final place for the remains, such as scattering, burial, cemetery interment in a niche or columbarium, or dividing the remains and using a combination of different options,
- It can be incorporated into a service or be a simple act separate from a service,
- As with burial, family and friends can be present for a cremation, giving you the opportunity to say goodbye in a profound and meaningful way.
Cremation is considered a permanent form of disposition and in B.C the only legal form of cremation is flame-based cremation. Alternative forms of cremation, such as Alkaline Hydrolysis, also known as Resomation and Promession are not yet available. B.C.
Classic Cremation is a company that is mindful of its impact on the environment and as such we will be participating in a carbon-offset program to reduce the carbon footprint from cremations.